- This website does not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer for legal advice.
- We use our best efforts to prepare the forms and to keep them up to date.
- This website is offered completely without warranty, including an implied warranty of fitness. The UT Legal Clinic disclaims all liability for your use of information on this website or your reliance on the forms created by a guided interview.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the website owner for all claims arising out of your use of these guided interviews or the information that they give you.
- The website owner does not offer technical support for the interviews provided on this website.
- Information you enter may not be protected by attorney-client privilege or attorney work product doctrine.
- All information that you enter will be kept private.
How you are allowed to use this website
- You must be over the age of 18 to use this website.
What information we collect from you
- Information that you type in the guided interview, which may include private information such as your name, address, and identification numbers.
- Information sent automatically by your web browser, which includes information about your information service provider, your location and third-party analytics such as Google Analytics. This information is used to protect the system from unauthorized use and to understand the demographics of the users of our site and to improve the forms and interviews contained on this site.
- Information from your web browser may be stored in computer logs for up to 180 days and reviewed to maintain the security of our system. Anonymous analytics may be stored indefinitely.
What Information We Share With Others
- We will never sell your data.
- we share technical information with third-party analytics to improve our website. Your private information is not shared with third-parties.
- We may use a third party service to store saved answers from completed interviews. We will delete your information upon written request.
- We may use anonymized data that you provide for research purposes. Anonymous information may be shared with academic researchers to help with this goal. This information will never include your private, identifying details.
How we protect your information
- All information sent to our servers and sent back to you is encrypted with standard HTTPS SSL encryption to protect it from other users on your network or in between your computer and the LIT Lab.
- We make use of software controls, firewalls, and continuous monitoring to protect your information and to maintain the security of the website.
- Access to your responses is limited to logged-in and authorized advocates, only when necessary to make improvements to the system or at your request.
- However: if you share a link to your interview, any person with that link may have access to the responses you gave in that interview.
Our Response Times
- We respond to general data inquiries from users within 30 days.
- We will inform users of any data breach involving their interview data.